1. Every day in Alberta, more than one person will die as a result of a suicide
2. Approximately 500 Albertans die by suicide each year
3. Suicide is consistently a leading cause of death among Albertans
4. Suicide claims more lives annually than other more openly discussed issues such as motor vehicle collisions and homicides
5. Over 75% of those deaths are men, most between the ages of 30-69.
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) in Alberta is made up of eight regions. Additionally CHMA in Alberta includes the Centre for Suicide Prevention and a Divisional (Provincial) office located in Edmonton.About Us
Reaching out for help is an important step. Talk with someone you trust about how you feel. Life can be overwhelming and there are supports available to you.Find out How
Keep the conversation going by visiting our blog for stories of hope and additional info on mental health.The Blog